You have been given a 5-digit voice mailbox number and a 6-digit temporary password. You will need to customize your mailbox by following the
instructions below and the voice mail system prompts.
- To access the voice mail system
- from an APS phone in the 228 exchange, dial 2800 OR any phone outside APS, dial 703-228-2800
- If, from inside APS you immediately hear “Enter your security code” directly after dialing 2800, just press the * key to be routed to the voicemail main menu.
2. Press the pound key # to indicate that you have a mailbox on the system.
3. Enter your 5-digit voice mailbox number.
- If you have an assigned four digit extension within APS – your mailbox number will start with the number 2, followed by your four digit extension. If, for example, your assigned extension number is 6195, your mailbox number would then be 26195.
- Teachers and staff that do not have an assigned four digit extension will typically have 5-digit mailboxes that begin with the number 9 and can be searched for in the Sharepoint Staff Directory by user name.
4. Enter the 6-digit temporary password 101463
5. Enter a new personal 6-digit password.
- You will use this new password each time you enter the voice mail system. It will be known only to you.
6. Follow voice-guided instruction to record your name and a greeting.