APS Email is archived using the Google Vault APP. You can now access all of your historical email by following the instructions below.
- ) Click on the access@APS icon on your desktop or open an Internet browser and go to the web address - email@example.com
- ) Click on the Staff icon
- ) Click on Google@APS -The APS Google Instance
- ) Enter your username and password when prompted.
- ) Once in Google@APS click on the Google Menu in the upper right hand corner of your screen and select MAIL
You will now see your email archive. You can use the search box at the top to search for a particular email by sender, subject, date, or word in the email.
Using Google Apps Email Archive - Google Vault
The Google Vault Mail “Inbox” and and “Trash” folders are the two locations that are used by the Email archiving process. The Inbox folder contains active/on going archived mail and the Trash folder contains archived mail that has been migrated from the older archive system (Postini).
As email is actively archived from our APS Exchange Email system, this email is sent to the users Google Apps Mail Inbox. Users can click on the Google Apps Mail Inbox folder and access their archived Email. Users will be able to access their most recent mail in this location. If you delete a message within your Google Apps Mail Inbox folder the email will naturally go to the user's Google Apps Mail Trash folder.
The email archive that has been migrated from Postini to Google Vault can be found in the user's Google Mail Trash folder (located under “more” on the left hand side below the inbox) . This is the location in which the migration process placed all the migrated archived email. Users will be able to access their older email in this location.
*If users accidentally delete emails within their Google Apps Mail Trash these emails will disappear and will require an administrator to restore them back to the user’s Google Apps mailbox.
Searching Email Archive tips
- Users can also use email search operators: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7190?hl=en
- Users also have the ability to use the search function at the top of the mail app or clicking on the little arrow all the way to the right of the search box to perform a more detailed searches.
Please do not use Google Apps Mail to compose/send email.