The Department of Information Services facilitates three types of bulk mailing services.
- Postdate Bulk Mailing – This is a mailing that needs to be postmarked by a specified date. In order to meet this request your mailing must be ready to be picked up by the vendor from the Education Center 72 hours prior to the requested postdate.
- Delivery Date Bulk Mailing – This is a mailing that needs to be delivered to the recipients by a certain date. In order to meet this request your mailing must be ready to be picked up by the vendor 6 business days prior to the requested delivery date.
- Bulk Mailing with a Mail Merge - This is a mailing where the requestor provides the letter, the list of recipients, and the bulk mail provider creates the documents and mails them.
The process to request assistance with a bulk mailing is:
- The requester should submit a ticket to 2847 for assistance. This can be done either calling x2847 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Provide a completed Bulk Mailing Request Form. This should be sent as an attachment to your 2847 request. The form can be found on 2847. If you have not attached it one will be sent to you to complete.
- A staff member from the Service Support Center will contact you to review your request with you and make final arrangements for getting the mailing to the Education Center, 1427 North Quincy Street, Arlington, VA 22207 by the time necessary for the outside vendor to pick up and process your mailing.
- Once the vendor has been contacted and your mailing has been picked up your will receive an email from your 2847 ticket with the details of your mail request.
The following two examples will help clarify the expectation.
Example 1: Postdate – August 15th (date the bulk mail needs to be metered and mailed out by the post office) Bulk mail needs to be at the Ed Center no later than midday, August 12th.
Example 2: Delivery date – August 15th (date the bulk mail is expected to be received by the customers) Bulk mail needs to at the Ed Center no later than midday, August 9th.
Special note: weekends and holidays are not included in the time needed to meet these deadlines.