The Service Support Center has changed a security setting within our APS Google domain to allow APS staff to share documents created by an APS employees in Google outside of the @apsva.us domain. Below are the instructions on how to share Google Docs.
*Please remember Student Data cannot be shared outside of APS.*
From a computer:
1. Open Drive, or a file or folder you want to share.
2. Open the sharing box:
a. While you have a file open: ClickShare in the top-right corner.
b. While you have a folder open: Click the share icon in the top-right.
c. From your file list in Drive: Select the name of a file or folder and click the share icon at the top.
3. Under “People” in the sharing box, type the email addresses of the people or Google Groups you want to share with. You can also search for contacts by typing them into the box.
4. Choose the type of access you want to give these users by clicking the dropdown arrow to the right of the text box:
a. Can edit: Users can edit the file or folder and share it with others
b. Can comment: Users can view and add comments to the file, but can’t edit it. Folders can't be given comment access.
c. Can view: Users can see thefile or folder but can’t edit or comment on it
5. Click Done. The users will receive an email letting them know you’ve shared the file or folder with them.
6. Note:If you want to share multiple files at once, add the files to a folder in Drive and then share the entire folder with the people you want to see the files.
From an iOS device:
Google Drive app
1. Open the Drive app.
2. Next to the file name, touch the Info icon .
3. Touch Add people.
4. Enter an email address and give the person permission to view, comment, or edit the file.
5. Touch the checkmark .
Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides app
1. Open the Docs, Sheets, or Slides app.
2. Next to the file name, touch the More icon.
3. Touch Share & export.
4. Touch the Share icon.
5. Enter an email address and give the person permission to view, comment, or edit the file.
6. Touch Share.